20×200 offers limited edition fine art and photo prints at ridiculously affordable prices. As a long-time collector, I jumped at the strategic opportunity to re-launch a much-loved brand that lives by its righteous tagline: It’s Art for Everyone®. As Chief Product Officer and guardian of the digital platform I was able to use all the tools in my kit (ux, design, direct marketing, project management, editorial), tapped a knack for making the most of limited resources and acquired new capabilities (social media, content marketing, partnership development). Most importantly, I learned a colossal amount about running a startup e-commerce business.
• Architected + managed deployment of UX upgrades on Shopify platform (including a framing tool that allowed launch of 3 framing products that accounting for 20% of 2014 revenue).
• Managed technology partner relationships.
• Researched and integrated 3rd party tools.
• Implemented revenue-generating win-back systems like Abandon Cart and 404 traffic optimization.
• Managed transition from beta to official URL.
Direct & Content Marketing
• Collaborated with team to generate content and promotions.
• Upgraded from 2-day to 4-day a week publishing schedule by launching two successful new columns that increased opportunities for social engagement.
• Re-launched Blog platform.
• Managed email marketing process including: list management/segmentation, automation, content & subject line testing, implemented landing page tool enabling co-branded promotional landing pages with external partners.
• Ultimately oversaw editorial calendar, managed freelancer writers.
• Supported 2 signature sales (RIDONK), the 2014 holiday gift season, and multiple smaller promotions throughout the year.
• Worked with retargeting and retention vendors.
• Oversaw design of all visual creative for platform, marketing emails, landing pages, display advertising and pitches.
• Quality control: Checking, critiquing and approving production quality of brand communications.
• Ultimately managed all social streams (Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr) & integrated social analytics tools.
• Collaborated with team to increase and optimize broadcasting and fine-tune our brand voice.
• Spurred leap in Pinterest engagement (e.g. 1800% increase in avg monthly viewers in 9 months. 970% increase in avg. monthly engaged.)
• Provided encouragement + mentorship to junior team members.
• Empowered staff by implementing communications tools and an asset management platform.